Could not load the settings file ‘/home/MyUsername/.VirtualBox/OpenSUSE 10.3.xml’ (VERR_OPEN_FAILED).
FATAL ERROR: Unknown element ‘PXEDebug’
Whatever it was, I kept getting it after multiple removals and reinstallations. Ubuntu forum did not have a solution, or at least not the one that worked for me. So, I decided to come up with a solution myself and it was incredibly simple. The goal is to remove the .xml file and then reinstall VirtualBox.
- Entering Synaptic.
- Search for “virtualbox” and uninstall all VirtualBox packages.
- Then open your home folder,
- On the menu bar, select View -> Show hidden files and folder.
- Delete the folder called “.VirtualBox“. This will erase the annoying .xml file.
- Reinstall VirtualBox like usual. For instruction on how to install, visit Ubuntu community.
Worked like a charm. Try it out. Cheers.