Sometimes you need to make several different file types excutable to install applications. Those file types include .sh and .bin. I had seperate tutorials on how to deal with .bin and .sh files type. There are two ways to make a file executable: using terminal or using graphical interface.
- Open Terminal: Ctrl+Shift+T or Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal
- Make file excutable
sudo chmod +x filename.bin
Replace your file’s name into “filename”
- Enter your password. The file is now executable.
- Right Click on the file and select Properties.
- Select the Permission tab.
- Check “Allow executing file as program.”
- Your file will have a different icon and now become executable.
Note: Double click on the file does not nescessarily execute the file. You may have to use terminal.